As Gen Z enters the workforce, many will be looking for ways to gain experience, build skills and a network, as well as explore different career paths. GenZ should explore temp work as an efficient way to explore different options they have in the workforce.
So, what is temporary work? You may know it as contingent work or temporary employment. It refers to the practice of hiring employees on a temporary basis to fill short-term needs or gaps in the workforce.
Five reasons why Gen Z should consider a temporary job:
- Flexibility: Those who are just starting out in their careers may not want to commit to a full-time job, especially if they are unsure about their long-term career goals. Taking short-term assignments means they can try out different roles and industries without making a long-term commitment.
- Education: Temp positions, with their flexibility, offer custom fits for the college student and their school or study schedules. It’s also a fantastic way to develop skills and learn what work they do and do not want to do later in their career.
- Experience: This can be a great way to explore different career paths and build a diverse skill set that will be valuable in the long term.
- Permanent employment: Many employers use temporary jobs as a way to evaluate potential employees and determine if they are a good fit for a full-time position.
- Support and guidance: Gen Z workers will have access to support and guidance from the agency when working as a temporary employee. This can be especially valuable for workers who are just starting out in their careers and may need help navigating the job market and building their professional skills.
As Gen Z begins to navigate the workforce, temporary jobs presents as a great option. Gen Z workers will have the opportunity to gain experience, build their skills, grow their network and references, and explore different career paths while keeping the flexibility needed at the beginning of a career.
Looking to start your search? Click here and let’s begin!