As we continue to bounce back from the pandemic and increase our face-to-face interactions, marketing your skills in 2023 will likely involve a combination of both traditional and digital strategies. Here are a few tips to successfully promote your experience and land a new role in the coming year!
- Create a solid online presence: Expand your online presence by creating a professional website that showcases your skills and experience, in addition to an updated LinkedIn profile that highlights your accomplishments and details your unique professional background.
- Leverage interactive social media: Utilize social platforms to share your work and engage with others in your industry, especially those who may not reside in your market. Like, comment, and share relevant posts to get a dialogue going with other professionals and start building a more robust network.
- Solidify your network and build relationships: Start attending in-person, industry events and conferences to connect with others in your field offline. These are prime opportunities to strengthen current relationships and develop new ones with others in your industry. In addition, each new professional you meet will know approximately 100-200 people you could connect with in the future!
- Collaborate with others: Look for opportunities to work with other professionals or organizations on projects or initiatives that align with your skills and interests outside of your current role. One of the best ways to do this is by joining professional associations and organizations that promote networking and professional development in your field.
- Stay up to date: Learning and staying current in your field will help you remain competitive and extremely valuable to potential clients or employers. This can include attending relevant webinars, learning new skills and technologies, or even working towards a new certification to help you stand out to hiring managers.
By following these tips and being proactive in promoting your skills, you can effectively market yourself and stand out in a crowded job market this year! If you are ready to start that job search today, check out our open roles here.