In today’s workplace, your online image is often the first interaction potential clients and candidates have with you or your business.
According to Forbes magazine, you have seven (7) seconds to make a first impression.
Surprisingly, it may take only a tenth of a second to form an impression of a stranger from their face alone according to Princeton psychologists Janine Willis and Alexander Todorov. Increase the likelihood of a positive impression with a headshot that accurately represents you and your business.
Benefits of a professional headshot:
- Conveys your brand: A professionally taken headshot displays your identity, approachability, integrity, and competence according to PreferredHeadshots.com.
- Makes an instant impression: First impressions often occur online before meeting face-to-face. How many times have you searched the LinkedIn profile of a candidate or potential client before reaching out?
- Builds trust: A professional headshot conveys a message that you are trustworthy and will represent yourself and your business with integrity according to Gorn Photo.
- Makes you more relatable: Your online image allows others to “meet” you virtually before you meet in person. A focused image with a warm smile shows you care about yourself and your brand. This conveys approachability, warmth, and professionalism, making you more relatable.
- Demonstrates that your career is important to you: This is especially important if you are seeking a new job, clients, or leads. A professional headshot can help open doors to new opportunities!
We live in a digital world where social media is vital in promoting brands, including our own. A good headshot is an effective way to give people an idea of what you’re made of before they meet you physically. Often the first impression made in the virtual space will determine if an in-person meeting will ever happen! Put your best impression forward and start making new connections today!